[ 11/16/21 Edit:
Attached below are my random CMS and forward thinking decision notes. After I published these thoughts, I came across this great article on choosing a CMS in 2021. This seems like a good place to link to a super write-up on the subject. https://www.o8.agency/blog/drupal-vs-wordpress-best-cms ]
Areas Where Drupal Excels :
- Communication of rapidly changing info to moving populations of user accounts.
(Residents, Student Workers, Faculty, Staff, Community Partners, Alumni)
- Role based access for granular content access
(Room Reservations, Equipment Loan, Staff Schedules)
- Account provisioning and automation tools for administrators. Easily handles thousands of user accounts, divided under many sub-site / sub-domains
( See Domain Access Module )
- Site Navigation, Search, Accessibility (See Editorially Module)
Areas Where Drupal Lacks :
- Advance content editing features are complex for users.
(Repeating Dates with Conflict Checking and Moderation Workflows)
- The versatility of Drupal to solve needs can lead to scope creep.
(Piano Repair Form, Bypass Room Moderation for Site Office, etc. )
Did you know, we host on Linode.
If you sign up for hosting services using this this link, we get a kickback! Linode is good hosting, we've used them for years and have no problem recommending them. Rock solid uptime and performance.